- Beaches Water Quality
- Biomedical Waste
- Blue Green Algae Safety Tips
- Body Piercing
- Drinking Water Programs
- Environmental Health Training Opportunities
- Environmental Public Health Data
- Environmental Public Health Tracking Network
- Environmental Toxicology Program
- Food Hygiene
- Group Care
- Lead Poisoning Prevention Program
- Mobile Homes and Recreational Vehicle Parks
- Mold and Your Health
- Mosquito Prevention
- Onsite Sewage Disposal
- Rabies Prevention Program
- Sanitary Nuisances
- Swimming Pools, Spas and Bathing Places
- Tanning Facilities
900 University Boulevard North, Suite 300
Jacksonville, Florida 32211
A safe and healthy environment is one form of preventive medicine you cannot get from your doctor or drugstore. Yet, it is crucial to your family and community's well-being. Environmental Health Division‘s core programs, recognized among the top programs in Florida, are aimed at preventing or reducing potential health risks in your daily surroundings. Look at the menu to the left for specific programs and their services.
All document links on these pages are in PDF format. If your computer cannot read PDF files, you can download Adobe Acrobat Reader, at no charge, from the Adobe website.
2015 Environmental Health Fee Increases – Ordinance 2015-376
Effective July 21, 2015, the Florida Department of Health in Duval County’s Environmental Health and Safety Division increased service and annual permit fees assessed to a variety of clients, including but not limited to:
- Biomedical Waste Generators (12kb PDF)
- Food Establishments (15kb PDF)
- Group Care Services (12kb PDF)
- Limited-Use Public Water Supply Systems (16kb PDF)
- Public Swimming Pools (13kb PDF)
- Septic Tank Operators (20kb PDF)
- Tanning facilities
- Tattoo Artists (12kb PDF)
View the City of Jacksonville’s County Ordinance 2015-376 for information regarding changes in fees charged by the Department.
The new fee schedule allows the Department to match the cost of performing vital public health services and will sustain the Department’s key efforts to preserve and protect the lives of Duval County citizens and visitors.
The Florida Department of Health in Duval County remains committed to maximizing the impact of every dollar entrusted to the agency; the new fee schedule streamlines our approach as we continue our commitment to be efficient, effective stewards of Duval County’s resources.
Thank you for the opportunity to serve both you and the community.