921 N. Davis St.
Bldg. A, Suite 251
Jacksonville, FL 32209
The Epidemiology Program in Duval County works to protect and promote the health of Duval County residents and visitors through communicable disease surveillance, disease investigation & control, epidemiologic/outbreak response, and education & outreach. The team identifies residents and visitors at increased health risk, assesses causality and recommends preventive measures to decrease the burden of disease and injury.
- Disease reporting services / communicable disease surveillance
- Disease investigation and control
- Outbreak response
- Communicable disease education & outreach
- Infectious disease education / consultation for medical providers
- Hepatitis prevention services: Screening/testing, counseling, education, and referral services
Reporting a Disease
What illnesses are reportable in Duval County?
Reportable Disease List for Practitioners (244 KB PDF)
Reportable Disease List for Laboratories (248 KB PDF)
Reportable Disease Form (285 KB PDF)
Animal Bite Report Form
Healthcare Practitioner Reporting Guidelines of Notifiable Diseases or Conditions in Florida (1.61MB PDF)
Laboratory Reporting Guidelines of Notifiable Disease or Conditions in Florida (1.31MB PDF)
- Florida Department of Health Disease Reporting
- County Health Department Epidemiology Contacts
- Bureau of Epidemiology's Electronic Reporting Hub
- Diseases and Conditions
If you have questions or need to report a disease, call Epidemiology at 904-253-1850.
To report a public health emergency call 904-253-1000.
Connect with DOH