Family Planning Education and Outreach
900 University Boulevard North
Jacksonville, Florida 32211
The Family Planning Team promotes strategies and initiatives to raise awareness and prevent unintended pregnancy, STD and HIV through clinical services and comprehensive and abstinence-based sexual health education.
- Peer Health Advocates
- Sexual Risk Avoidance Education/Abstinence Education Program
- Male Reproductive and Sexual Health Education
- Healthcare Provider Training
Youth and young adults, ages 15-24, provide peer-to-peer sexual health education, risk reduction, and safer sex prevention messages. Peer Health Advocates also support and encourage young people to access clinical health services for prevention, screening, and treatment.
Peer Health Advocacy Brochure (2.5 MB PDF)
The Sexual Risk Avoidance Team uses two evidence-based curricula, Promoting Health Among Teens (PHAT) and Making a Difference, to educate young people ages 11-19 about preventing unplanned pregnancy, STDs, and HIV/AIDS through learning and practicing skills to abstain.
- Education services at various community-based organizations (upon request)
- Group health education at Teen Health Centers located at schools throughout Duval County. View the Teen Health Centers page for locations and more information.