- Beaches Water Quality
- Biomedical Waste
- Blue Green Algae Safety Tips
- Body Piercing
- Drinking Water Programs
- Environmental Health Training Opportunities
- Environmental Public Health Data
- Environmental Public Health Tracking Network
- Environmental Toxicology Program
- Food Hygiene
- Group Care
- Lead Poisoning Prevention Program
- Mobile Homes and Recreational Vehicle Parks
- Mold and Your Health
- Mosquito Prevention
- Onsite Sewage Disposal
- Rabies Prevention Program
- Sanitary Nuisances
- Sharps Collection Program
- Swimming Pools, Spas and Bathing Places
- Tanning Facilities
Sharps Collection Program
900 University Boulevard North, Suite 300
Jacksonville, Florida 32211
Why do we need a sharps disposal program?
Thousands of people use needles or “sharps” in their homes to care for their health or the health of a family member. Sharps must be disposed of properly to protect people from life-threatening infections.
The Florida Department of Health in Duval County offers a disposal program to give private residents a safe way to dispose of used sharps.
Download the Sharps Collection Program brochure (401kb PDF)
How to dispose of used sharps:
1. Purchase an approved sharps container from a local pharmacy or discount store.
2. Throw away used sharps in the approved container.
3. Only fill the sharps container 3/4 full. Secure the lid with tape.
4. Drop off the sharps container at one of our convenient locations listed below.
Sharps Container Collection Sites
Once your sharps container is 3/4 full and the lid is secured, bring it to one of the following locations between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Beaches Family Health Center
2344 3rd Street South 32250
Central Health Plaza
515 West 6th Street 32206
Children’s Dental Center at North Point
3416 Moncrief Road 32219
Environmental Health and Safety
900 University Boulevard North 32211
The Immunization Center
5222 North Pearl Street 32208
Wesconnett Health Services
5150-9 Timuquana Road 32210
West Jacksonville Health Services
120 King Street 32204