- Beaches Water Quality
- Biomedical Waste
- Blue Green Algae Safety Tips
- Body Piercing
- Drinking Water Programs
- Environmental Health Training Opportunities
- Environmental Public Health Data
- Environmental Public Health Tracking Network
- Environmental Toxicology Program
- Food Hygiene
- Group Care
- Lead Poisoning Prevention Program
- Mobile Homes and Recreational Vehicle Parks
- Mold and Your Health
- Onsite Sewage Disposal
- Rabies Prevention Program
- Sanitary Nuisances
- Sharps Collection Program
- Swimming Pools, Spas and Bathing Places
- Tanning Facilities
- Preventing Mosquito-Borne Illness
Sanitary Nuisance and Premises Complaints Program
900 University Boulevard North, Suite 300
Jacksonville, Florida 32211
The Sanitary Nuisance/Premises Complaint Program ensures the investigation and abatement of various types of sanitary nuisances reported by citizens and other government agencies to the Department of Health in Duval County. This program investigates sanitary nuisances specifically related to improperly stored and collected garbage, mosquito breeding, as well as faulty plumbing resulting in sewage being improperly collected and disposed.
The City of Jacksonville Environmental and Compliance Department also addresses certain sanitary and safety issues.
The Environmental Quality Division investigates complaints related to air, odor, noise, surface water, groundwater, underground storage tanks, hazardous wastes, wetlands and wildlife.
The Municipal Code Compliance Division enforces property maintenance, safety, and zoning codes that address property nuisance, unsafe structure, minimum building standards, zoning, and (private property) junk vehicle violations.
You may request a service, or notify the City of a problem (such as incidents of pollution) online or report your issue by calling 904-630-CITY (2489).
In Florida, Restaurants or Grocery Stores are not regulated by the Florida Department of Health. If you have a concern or complaint about one of these establishments, you will need to contact the agency that oversees that facility:
- Restaurants in Florida are licensed by the Department of Business and Professional Regulation. You can click here for their website or call them at 850-487-1395.
- Grocery stores and convenience stores in Florida are permitted by the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. You can click here for their website or call them at 850-245-5520.